- Stephen Follows - the data crunching guru (Catsnake Media)
- James Heath, Dresden Pictures (The Fitzroy - £75K, Biopunk - £20k)
- David Nicholas Wilkinson of Guerilla Films (Postcards From the 48%)
- Paul Murphy (Gipsy's Kiss, £5k, Challenge Alexa winner with Directors UK)
- Chris Blaine (Nina Forever - £15k)
Do you need to go to funders or can you go the other way - out to your communities? What does it take, what are the risks, how hard is it, how do the different platforms compare, is it worth it...or does it just make your hair fall out with stress before asking your mum to hit your goal?
What we learned from the most successful campaigns:
- launch your project on a Tuesday at 2pm
- for an 18 day campaign
- create a 3min 20sec video and make it funny if you can
- have 20 rewards including bundles.
- plan your campaign well in advance, including what you'll reveal when.
- set aside 20% of your total for servicng the rewards
- access the curated pages (eg. Directors UK, SXSW, etc) to get audience and discounts